Sunday, June 29, 2008

Been busy working

Hello all, Vinnie here, sorry for not posting regularly, been quite busy working at MastersFx. Two weeks ago we finished work on 'The Thaw' and now I jumped on board to working on Stan Hellsing. I can't really tell you what specific gag I'm working on until it's done and the movies out, you'll just have to wait and see, I don't want to spoil anything. The only thing I can say is, it looks like it's going to be a fun movie. In other news, I am currently working on a feature with my buddies, Thomas Newman and Mike Fields on a project me and Thomas came up with called Lawn of the Dead. Here's a teaser poster I made for it. As you can see, it's an homage to the late 70's, early 80's slasher movies that we all loved from our childhood. This feature is about a Mexican gardener that goes on a killing spree. Why is he upset? Well, for that answer, you have to catch the movie. It is a gore filled splatterfest but with comedy, just the way we like it. However, there will not be any Zombies as the title might suggest, and there will not be any parodies of any Romeroesque scenes, we just thought the title sounded cool. The funny thing is, Thomas came up with the idea, and I came up with the name after he told me what his next project was going to be. So there you have it, maybe someday we would like to make a zombie film, but as of this year, we'll stick to something more doable and within our budget. We will be shooting in mid August, and hopefully we will have the film wrapped up from post sometime near the end of September or early October. It's a cute little film, with a modest budget. So stay tuned for more information about this film. Thanks.

No comments: